Health, Safety & Environment
Health and Safety
Safety is an important part of Essential’s vision, mission and culture. Essential is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its employees and all others involved in, or impacted by, the operations, while at the same time protecting the environment Essential works in and conducts its activities.
Essential’s goal of preventing all losses for the benefit of its fellow workers, families, the general public, and the environment can be achieved by the following actions:
- Seeking every reasonable means to provide a safe work environment.
- Adhering to practices and procedures that meet or exceed regulatory and recognized industry standards.
- Actively participating in and supporting employees in promoting and implementing an effective safety program.
- Expecting employees to perform their jobs in a responsible manner.
- Ensuring everyone is responsible for identifying, correcting and immediately reporting unsafe work conditions.
Essential’s Right to Refuse Work Policy supports the view that no one will ever be required to sacrifice the safety or well-being of personnel for any reason while at an Essential work site.
Health and Safety Policy
Protecting Canada’s natural environment is a national concern. Essential shares that concern and is committed to minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment while managing its operation economically and efficiently. Essential’s commitment to the environment is integrated with corporate decisions and strategies.