Your browser is no longer supported
To get the best experience with www.essentialenergy.ca, we suggest using a newer version of Internet Explorer/Edge, or using another supported browser such as Google Chrome.
Tool HandBack to overview
Tryton Tool Services, a division of Essential Energy Services, is a proven and reliable Canadian company specializing in downhole tools for completions, production and workovers. Tryton’s continued success has been built around building relationships with our clients including using experienced personnel, quality equipment and a dedication to exceptional service.
In addition to providing equipment and services throughout western Canada, the USA and France, Tryton has - or has had – international work available in areas including, but not limited to, Central and South America, the Middle East, Africa and Australia.
Tryton puts a lot of emphasis on hiring the ‘right’ person as we have and continue to build our company through quality products and exceptional personnel. We achieve the latter through stringent hiring practices and a demand for technical and operationally oriented people. We also incorporate a training period for all new hires, which includes an assessment of their current abilities and development towards our high standard for field service specialists and mandatory participation in our own Downhole Completion, Production, and Workover Seminar.
Tool Hands are responsible for the servicing and installation of Tryton’s line of downhole equipment. Key activities include, but are not limited to:
· Travel to and from customer location to install downhole tools and perform other downhole services as required;
· Assemble and disassemble downhole tools;
· Repair used downhole tools and equipment;
· Some shipping and receiving duties may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Minimum requirements:
- 5 years of downhole-tool experience. Rig experience (drilling and/or service rigs) is an asset.
- High school diploma/GED. However, a technical Certificate/Diploma or Degree is preferred.
- Other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
· Valid, unrestricted Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
· Proficient computer skills
· Self-motivated, with excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to handle stressful work situations
· Physically fit and ability to work outside, in all weather conditions
· This role works out of the Fort St. John, BC shop
· Work Schedule: 16 days on, 5 days off
· 12-hour shifts and on call while on days on
What Tryton Offers:
· Salaried employment plus a generous variable pay program
· Full-time, year-round steady field work
· Comprehensive employee benefits to start immediately
· Group Savings Plan with a great strong contribution matching program – to start immediately
· On-going education and training
· Company provided truck
· International travel and work opportunities
Apply Now Back to overview
Essential provides oilfield services to oil and natural gas producers, primarily in western Canada. Essential offers completion, production and abandonment services to a diverse customer base. Services are offered with coil tubing, fluid and nitrogen pumping and the sale and rental of downhole tools and equipment. Essential offers the largest coil tubing fleet in Canada.