Essential Coil Well Service (“ECWS”) is actively recruiting for an Inventory Control Lead to join our Equipment Support team.
Located in Red Deer, the Inventory Control Lead is responsible for overseeing the procurement of equipment, parts, and general inventory necessary to ECWS’s business. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and will be able to leverage their superior knowledge of inventory control, process, and cost management while managing and developing relationships with internal stakeholders and our vendors.
Core duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage a $5M inventory over two (2) locations;
• Provide leadership and direction to a staff of four (4);
• Assist in the development of effective vendor communication for the division;
• Negotiate with vendors on key issues and address vendor inquiries and concerns;
• Responsible for timely and accurate field ticket approval using our electronic field ticketing system;
• Follow-up with internal stakeholders to ensure satisfaction;
• Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective vendors; and
• Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, and market conditions, through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with technical service areas.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience related to the oil and gas services industry;
• Certification in procurement or inventory management is an asset;
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
• Experience with oil field equipment is considered an asset; and
• Experience with iron and pressure containment is considered an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• The ability to maintain and build strong relationships with a variety of external and internal levels;
• Comfortable with, and highly skilled in negotiation, conflict resolution, and enforcing controls;
• The ability to actively listen and apply extensive industry and product knowledge in a meaningful manner;
• Exceptional organizational skills and self-discipline required to work independently and manage time effectively;
• Self-driven, self-confident, results oriented and highly motivated to succeed;
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications and contact management software;
• Highly developed verbal and written communication;
• The ability to build rapport and gain trust;
• Strong customer service, initiative, problem-solving skills;
• Must have a positive nature, can-do attitude and be a team player;
• Must be committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace and promote the protection of the environment in the areas in which we work and conduct our activities; and
• Adaptable to change, able to cope in high-stress situations and able to work flexible hours.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Essential. However, only those selected to proceed further through our evaluation process will be contacted.
Back to overview